Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

2010 - Reno

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FNG wonders

what type of things are in your silent auction? This will be my first and just wondered what to expect.
    READY - SQUAT THRUST - BEGIN

Comment

Silent Auction

Dale

In the past we have had old flight suits (don't fit many of us anymore) helmets, books, plaques, paintings, china...........

Comment

Reno 2010 Room Rates

Originally posted by Slick View Post
        for a variety of reasons reservations won't be open until after Jan 2010- at least at the room rate we've negotiated.
        Slick,

There is a few of us that will be going to the reunion and staying in our RV's, The Hotel has a RV Park, has anyone thought of negotiating a rate for us?

S/F

Ed McKinnie

Comment

Rv Space

Ed,
          $38 per nite
          Slick

Comment

slick are these full hook up sites or just parking spaces. We will be coming from Ohio and pllan on bringing our fur bearing kids with us so is it also pet friendly

Comment

Rv Parking

Here's the info from their website:

FEATURES:
              178 Camp Sites
              Full Hook-ups and Laundry Facility
              30ft & 40ft backin space
              Pull Thru Spaces - 30amp service and limited 50amp service - additional fee
              Comfort Stations: Shower and Restroom facilities for guest
              Pets are welcome at the RV Park - additional fee
              Easy access to river walk trail
              Access to hotel facilities
              Slick

Comment

Great choice! I will be there.

Comment

Grand Sierra Hotel/Reno Hilton

I just returned from a 10 day extended stay in Reno Grand Sierra. Hotel seems friendlier than it was in 2004. My friends and I utilized one of their services. You can arrange ATV rental thru them and they provide transport to the mountains and you have all day running the trail around the Lake Tahoe area. A lot of new construction in town. Traffic was not a problem. I had driven from Ft Worth Tx to Oregon and down thru the area. If you like scenery and have the time ry US highway 50 back thru Ely Nevada to I-15 in Utah.

Comment

John,
                    thanks for the update on the GSR
                    Slick

Comment

Reno Info

Hey Slick, Excuse this FNG but any idea of when registration, etc. goes up for the reunion. I want to make sure it's on my Christmas list! Dale

Comment

Registration

Dale,
                        Mid/Late January. Plan is there will be a newsletter published and in the mail early January along with NOTAM and e-mail announcement detailing all info.
                        Slick

Comment

'17 Down' ~ '7 To Go'

Getting more & more ready to plan my trip to Reno for the Reunion~!
                          Thought I would share some of the Resort's information, *NICE PLACE*
                          [[[ http://grandsierraresort.com/ ]]]
                          See you all there, have lots of fun & rememberances. Semper Fidelis~~!
                          **GySgt [J.D.] MACK McKernan {Retired}**
                          {VMO-6, Quang Tri} **{Mar69-Mar70}**

Comment

Looking forward

to meeting you there Gunny Mack - can't wait to traipse thru VMO6 again - and see if I can snatch up one of those strut stretches you guys were hoarding

Comment

How are You

Big Bull Dog 1 haven't seem to much of you so was wonder how you Been ?
                              Like to hear an Up date soon. Have a good Day and will check the suites out for the Reunion. SOON JJ

Comment

Reno Rates

I have made rev. at the RV Park for the Reunion.

Problem is the Manager Sam Wenzel does not know of any Rates. Even The Res. Manager at the hotel doesn't have anything on the Hotel Rates.

Need someone to get in touch with the hotel and get this straight. ( whoever Neg. the rates for the reunion).

Sams phone # is 775-789-2147.

Thanks,

Ed McKinnie

Comment

Working...
                                X