Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Forum Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Updated

The NOTAM Board was updated to the most recent version, which you can see it quite different than what we are used to working with. I'll play around with the colors and other cosmetics later. At least the I have everything working. Remember, this is a 3rd-party app, we have to keep up with the revisions.
    Bytes.

Re: Forum Updated

Wally..looks good so far! Thanks for all you do!
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Joe, hope it was worth it. Still Has a problem counting posts though. It will remember me now. Wouldn't, even after I hit the remember me at 02:something, a bit ago. We will have to see. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

If there's anything about the new forum that you would like to see improved, let me know. I'll try to make improvements if possible.

Comment

Like everything else, Wally, it's going to take some time to get used to, especially for the old futs, but looks real good to me. Just going to take a little time to get used to. Thanks for all you do for the Association and the site. Mahalo and Mele Kalikimaka!!
          Semper Fi and Aloha ... David

Comment

The updates have some nice new features, Wally.

When clicking on the "What's New?" tab, all 'new' and unread posts have their
            titles BOLDED and revert to un-bolded when read.

This is a nice visual clue when checking for new messages.

Lookin' good!
            Last edited by Mike Amtower; 12-28-2010, 16:56.

Comment

How come the site doesn't recognize me when I arrive like it used to do. Having to log in every time is a pain in the tail rotor.

Crazy Joe
              HMM-363

Comment

Hey Crazy Joe (Sir), No one could forget you I think when you log in there is a little box that says somethin like "remember me" I clicked on it and now I don't have to log in at all. BUT - caution - cause if it crashes just remember I'm still FNG on these machines and I usually ignore my own advice
                READY - SQUAT THRUST - BEGIN

Comment

Even the old site I never had to log in each time, as it had auto log-in too. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

John,

Just click on the "Remember me" button and all will work fine.

Btw --- that was also the case with the "old site".

You did it once and unless you "cleared your cache" it worked every time,
                    and you essentially forgot about it.

Note: When reading "What's new?" ..... every now and then, do a "right click" on
                    your mouse and then click on "Reload Page" ... this will unbold the read posts,
                    leaving the unread ones BOLDed.
                    Last edited by Mike Amtower; 12-29-2010, 08:21.

Comment

Mike, I believe it was Dale mentioning it about the remember me deal. I addressed that this am bout 18 minutes after midnight by saying 'I have never had a problem of having to log in every time I came on PAS'. I have used that remember me since being a member when the site was started. It was re-built after several years, and we all had to join again in 2001 I believe. That was around '97, on to 2001. Not sure why it had to be updated. Believe we changed servers, as the reason. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Wally,
                        Love the new site you IT guys rock! My only concern (not a complaint) is that when I go to the "daily" page, it doesn't automatically take me to the "current" page. I understand that it should take me to the last post I read, but it always goes to page one....I have to click page 2 to get there. Is that normal? If it is okay, but somehow I don't think it is.
                        Thanks!
                        Semper Fidelis
                        Joe

Phu Bai tower:
                        YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
                        YW-11 BuNo-151939
                        '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Joe, try this:

go to: http://www.popasmoke.com/notam2/prof...do=editoptions

Scroll down to "Thread Display Mode"
                          Select "Linear - Newest First"
                          At bottom of page, select "Save Changes"

Now go back to your post and you should see the most recent posts in a conversation showing on top.

Comment

Wally,
                            Done. Thanks!!
                            Semper Fidelis
                            Joe

Phu Bai tower:
                            YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
                            YW-11 BuNo-151939
                            '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Joe, great question !! And of course the correct answer from Wally. I used the information and am happy to say "Updated"

S/F Gary
                              HMM-263 '66-'67

Comment

Working...
                              X