Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Urgent..Darrell Tygart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent..Darrell Tygart

My friend and yours, Darrell Tygart, has been given two months to live. The cancer is an aggressive one and has spread rapidly through his body and into his brain, despite very aggressive efforts from his medical team. His mental acuity is probably day to day, so please give him a call at 303-210-6413 and/or send him a card at 8287 Iris Street, Arvada, Co. 80005-2136 soon.
    With sadness,
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe Reed
    Semper Fidelis
    Joe

Phu Bai tower:
    YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
    Remember, These are "A" models!
    YW-11 BuNo-151939
    '65 Model CH-46A

Darrell

Joe

When you talk to Angel and the kids, please express our love and admiration for him. What can you say to a man who has just been given a death sentence??? I am glad that he got to come to DC and really glad that he had such a good time.

I just talked with Angel, Darrell is not doing well and she thinks it will only be days, not months. Please pray for this hero.
    Last edited by Larry Zok; 11-03-2008, 14:15. Reason: added verbiage

Comment

Darrell

Larry,
      He went to D.C. because he, and a group of others he was in HMM-362 with were all suffering from cancer, and might not make it to another one. Looks like he was right, and I'd give anything to turn back time and meet him (and others, including you) in D.C. Carole and I are planning a trip to Denver in the very near future. Better to see him now, rather than....
      YOU need to call him, or send him a card, something....What I say about your feelings won't mean diddly. What you say speaks volumes!
      Semper Fidelis
      Joe

Phu Bai tower:
      YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
      YW-11 BuNo-151939
      '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Darrell

Please see above.

Comment

R.I.P. Darrell

Folks....more news..Darrell passed away this morning at 10:45 am. We got a call from Angel's son, Shawn. Tentative burial plans are Marine Corps Birthday, someplace locally. No word yet.
          Carole and I will be leaving soon to drive out for the service.
          Cancer is a horrible disease and I'm thankful that his suffering is over, and was brief.
          Semper Fidelis
          Joe

Phu Bai tower:
          YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
          YW-11 BuNo-151939
          '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

S/Sgt. Darrell Tygart

Funeral services for Darrell will be held on Monday, 10 November at 10 A.M. at the Tri City Baptist Church in Westminster, Colorado with continuing services at the Shrine Masonic Center.
            Semper Fidelis
            Joe

Phu Bai tower:
            YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
            YW-11 BuNo-151939
            '65 Model CH-46A

Comment

Working...
            X