Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Prayers requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers requested

L.T. Williams (HML-167, Marble Mt., '69-'70) will begin chemo & radiation therapy for cancer next week. Asking all you prayer warriors to remember our brother in your thoughts and in your prayers. Semper Fi!!

Prayers Requested

Lonnie I will Pray that L.T., after he gets the treatment, will go into permanent remission. They are able to save more of us as time goes on. I hope it was found at an early stage. Prayers are out-bound. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Prayers sent

LT is on our prayer list. Anyone who knew him in HML-267 or HML-167 knows what a great crewchief he was, and what a good person he is. I can't say enough good for him. Semper Fi !!!
      Last edited by Jim Wilkening; 10-08-2010, 07:53. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I will be praying for you L.T. I knew him in HML 267 and 167. Great individual and crew chief. Happy go lucky and never gave me a problem. Always did his job!

Comment

L.T. Williams

I hope and Pray LT was able to get the Chemo and radiation soon enough that the cancer went into remission. I hope he is doing much better. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

L.T. Williams.

Lonie Burnet, can you let us know about L.T. there. Do hope he has finished his treatment, and doing much better. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

ON the way

Originally posted by Lonnie Burnett View Post
              L.T. Williams (HML-167, Marble Mt., '69-'70) will begin chemo & radiation therapy for cancer next week. Asking all you prayer warriors to remember our brother in your thoughts and in your prayers. Semper Fi!!
              Lonnie would you past them on to L T that we are and will keep them going upwards for He and the family. Keep us posted ! Thanks JJ

Comment

On the way

JJ, have been Praying for L.T. Hope by now he has had his treatment, and in in remission, but no one has said one way or the other. Prayers are still going out. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

I e-mailed Lonnie and haven't heard from him yet. I'm sure he will let us know how LT is doing. I don't think LT has e-mail. SF !!!

Comment

Prayers

Originally posted by Jim Wilkening View Post
                    I e-mailed Lonnie and haven't heard from him yet. I'm sure he will let us know how LT is doing. I don't think LT has e-mail. SF !!!
                    Thanks JIM ! I'll keep checking and Praying for Him and Family. JJ

Comment

Prayers

Lonnie, hope you can let us know about LT. His treatment should have been completed last week. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

LT update

Sorry it has taken so long to post an update guys - please forgive me.

I talked to Janise Friday and she said that LT had just had his first radiation treatment and he told her 'it was no big deal'! Like he would have complained!! The GREAT news is: the scans that they recently did show no signs of the cancer anywhere other than where we already knew, and; the doctors indicated that they thought he would get 4-5 treatments instead of the 7 they had initially thought. Right now his treatments are radiation only - no chemo. Last time I talked to bro he said that he had regained some sight in his eye - at least it was better than it had been. Janise says that he has a tremor in his hand that seems to be there all the time now. Hopefully this radiation is going to take care of all the cancer and our brother will be back out there amongst them soon!

Keep praying Marines - we all know that it really does help!

Semper Fi!

Lonnie

Comment

LT update

Thank you Lonnie. Glad his eye sight is getting better. Hate that he has the tremors. That could go away when he goes into remission, no Cancer. Thanks again for sure. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

LT update as of 07 November 2010

Talked to LT this afternoon. He was at home in Elkins. What he does is spend the week in Pittsburgh and the weekends at home. He told me that he has probably another 5 weeks of radiation treatments to go. He receives 2 treatments a day - a staggering 10 treatments a week! He told me that 'they' are telling him that the treatments are working - which is what all of us are praying for. His living arrangements in Pittsburgh are thru the VA. He has a cottage that he gets to stay in during the week when he's not at the hospital for treatments, etc. That's a wonderful thing, gives him some privacy, etc. Keep praying guys - it's working!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEDNESDAY YOU JARHEADS!!!!!

Comment

LT update

Lonnie, that is very good news. I just hate they are giving him so much radiation. Our Squadron has a Pilot, and Dear Friend, that had prostrate cancer, and they just about burned him up with the radiation. I believe he is dealing with that problem now as well. Prayers are still going here for sure. Hope they re-assess his treatments though, as I have not heard of such amount of radiation for cancer. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Working...
                              X