Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Prayers requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Is there

Originally posted by Lonnie Burnett View Post
    Talked to LT this afternoon. He was at home in Elkins. What he does is spend the week in Pittsburgh and the weekends at home. He told me that he has probably another 5 weeks of radiation treatments to go. He receives 2 treatments a day - a staggering 10 treatments a week! He told me that 'they' are telling him that the treatments are working - which is what all of us are praying for. His living arrangements in Pittsburgh are thru the VA. He has a cottage that he gets to stay in during the week when he's not at the hospital for treatments, etc. That's a wonderful thing, gives him some privacy, etc. Keep praying guys - it's working!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEDNESDAY YOU JARHEADS!!!!!
    Good to hear that L T is coming along Lonnie! Thanks for keeping us up to date .. Prayers Continue>>.JJ

Comment

God is there

JJ, we have to pray Our God doesn't let them burn LT up with so much radiation, as they have done with others before. Thats a fact. S/F, and READY-APP.

Comment

Re: Prayers requested

Update on LT Williams: He's home, having completed his radiation therapy. He tells me that he gets tired really easily as we would expect! Please keep the prayers going for our brother, he's got a ways to go yet to get this thing beat - and I believe that he WILL!!

Semper Fi

Comment

Lonnie, that is Great news about LT. Its Great he is home. Prayers go out every night. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonnie Burnett View Post
            Update on LT Williams: He's home, having completed his radiation therapy. He tells me that he gets tired really easily as we would expect! Please keep the prayers going for our brother, he's got a ways to go yet to get this thing beat - and I believe that he WILL!!

Semper Fi
            Thanks for the UP DATE Lonnie! God Be with LT and Give him a thumbs UP from here in Michigan . JJ

Comment

Marines,

I tried to get in touch with Lonnie to find out how "LT" is doing. I haven't heard from him, yet. I do have news from Bruce Kufferath,former Sgt. HML-167. It's not good. Please keep "LT" in your prayers.

From Bruce:

Hey guys,

I talked to LT today. He sounded good. I asked him if I could come by and visit and he told me that his house is set up as a hospice. He said he was pretty much laid up. He said he really wasn't up to visits right now. He said he was done with his treatments and he's just trying to recoup. I asked him if his cancer was in remission and he said no. He said the VA just sent him home because he has stage 4 brain cancer. I told him I wanted to see him and I would call him in a couple of weeks and make arrangements to go down and visit. I'll probably just go ahead and go even if he doesn't feel up to it.
              Sorry for the grim news but you guys should know about it.
              Hope everything is going well for you guys and the new year brings good things.
              Give LT a call if you can.

Bruce

Comment

Jim, thank you for the word of LT, from Bruce. We all had hoped it would have been more positive. I still Pray for Lt, and his Family. Hope he can have visitors soon. S/F

Comment

Working...
                X