Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Remembering Those We Lost

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Remembering Those We Lost

    [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Just was looking for a thread that might Get the message out ,of those we had lost on a certain Date. For Me in Hmm 262 3-6-70 was one of those days. Jeffery L Wilson was KIA while Crew Chief of ET17 on this mission. Others in the same Flight of 4 CH-46's WIA . I would like to put Jeff and All His family in my Thoughts and Prayers ,as I have remembered this Day ever since . 41 years . God Bless and Speed . JJ [/SIZE][/FONT]

  • #2
    Re: Remembering Those We Lost

    JJ, different Squadrons had different days of loss for sure. Never knew on the precise days other Squadrons lost members, but we eventually found a close date and number of lost. Our Squadron lost men too. Thats one thing thats not limited. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Remembering Those We Lost

      Originally posted by John Ace Hunt View Post
      JJ, different Squadrons had different days of loss for sure. Never knew on the precise days other Squadrons lost members, but we eventually found a close date and number of lost. Our Squadron lost men too. Thats one thing thats not limited. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.
      John!This Thread was some way that I thought Each and everyone could pay their respects,as the Days and years come and go. Not to be just 262,but any or ALL those from other Squadrons to Remember their LOSSES. It may be a way that some may find out what happen to Marines that we loss track of. God Speed! Their Must be 100's that remember someone we lost each day of the year. With That I'll just wait and see how many will check in,and Post Some of their Closes Friends they will ever have. Feel it will amaze us at the Many Remembered on any given DAY. God SPEED
      Last edited by Jerome HALL; 03-08-2011, 22:41. Reason: to Clear Reason behind thread

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Remembering Those We Lost

        JJ
        I would like to remember SSgt Thomas Underwood and Sgt David Gonzales also. They were in HML 167 and are still missing in action. Both were good Marines. Lets never forget them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Remembering Those We Lost

          Originally posted by Jerome HALL View Post
          [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"]Just was looking for a thread that might Get the message out ,of those we had lost on a certain Date. For Me in Hmm 262 3-6-70 was one of those days. Jeffery L Wilson was KIA while Crew Chief of ET17 on this mission. Others in the same Flight of 4 CH-46's WIA . I would like to put Jeff and All His family in my Thoughts and Prayers ,as I have remembered this Day ever since . 41 years . God Bless and Speed . JJ [/SIZE][/FONT]
          JJ

          For me it has been 41 years also, every night I think of HMM-161's loss of Lt. Martin J. Benson on 2/26/70, and the whole crew of Lt. Alan C. De Craene, Lt. Joel W. Sampsell, Cpl. Jan D. Garringer, L/Cpl. Donald W. Morin, and Cpl. Robert J. Wiese on 2/16/70. May they rest in peace and know that they will never be forgotten.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Remembering Those We Lost

            Howdy, I'd say there are not many that don't have a good Friend, or Friends that were KIA. Know I have 2 Fixed wing Pilots that didn't make it back from their missions. What gripes me is they have them in non combat status, but I know they WERE killed during their missions. They stay alive as long as we have them in memory. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Remembering Those We Lost

              John If you have their names , Go ahead and Post them ,who knows who might have known them or been wondering what happen to them . Howdy I think I was around when that Happen> 161 was in New River when I was and a lot of Guys that went over with them and then when I went we Knew 161 in Quang Tri,before they move out . Gunny WALKer was with them HYD Shop and then He went to HMX-1.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Remembering Those We Lost

                JJ, thank you. But, they were Fixed wing, and seems they don't mix with rotors. Ones name was Lt. OTT, he got it in Nov.'67 as soon as he got there, and Capt. (flying my Bird #16, Huebler. They were on bomb, or straff runs in F-8 Crusaders, then they say they weren't KIA. I know better. They were never recovered to my knowledge. Capt. Huebler did not have a mid air with an A-6 because I launched him mid afternoon, and he didn't come back. I waited almost an hour on the north end of the runway at Danang, waiting, where our Squadron was, and they had to come out and bring me back. Now I ask, how could it have happened at night? Its not to explain here, and it may not happen, but I may be going on a very long -long vacation from the site. Its been a unique Pleasure to visit, and cut up with all of you. I have enjoyed it, and every chance you get, say a little Prayer for me. I salute most all of you. Semper Fi, and READY-APP

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Remembering Those We Lost

                  Originally posted by John Ace Hunt View Post
                  JJ, thank you. But, they were Fixed wing, and seems they don't mix with rotors. Ones name was Lt. OTT, he got it in Nov.'67 as soon as he got there, and Capt. (flying my Bird #16, Huebler. They were on bomb, or straff runs in F-8 Crusaders, then they say they weren't KIA. I know better. They were never recovered to my knowledge. Capt. Huebler did not have a mid air with an A-6 because I launched him mid afternoon, and he didn't come back. I waited almost an hour on the north end of the runway at Danang, waiting, where our Squadron was, and they had to come out and bring me back. Now I ask, how could it have happened at night? Its not to explain here, and it may not happen, but I may be going on a very long -long vacation from the site. Its been a unique Pleasure to visit, and cut up with all of you. I have enjoyed it, and every chance you get, say a little Prayer for me. I salute most all of you. Semper Fi, and READY-APP
                  WILL do John! JJ

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Remembering Those We Lost

                    Thanks there JJ. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Remembering Those We Lost

                      Originally posted by Jerome HALL View Post
                      Howdy I think I was around when that Happen> 161 was in New River when I was and a lot of Guys that went over with them and then when I went we Knew 161 in Quang Tri,before they move out . Gunny WALKer was with them HYD Shop and then He went to HMX-1.
                      JJ
                      That was a real tough month for 161. Lt. Benson was actually wounded on 2/6/70 and died on 2/26/70. I was gunning on the chase bird and we flew him out to the Repose. He was two weeks short of going on R&R to Hawaii to be married.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Remembering Those We Lost

                        Originally posted by Howdy View Post
                        JJ
                        That was a real tough month for 161. Lt. Benson was actually wounded on 2/6/70 and died on 2/26/70. I was gunning on the chase bird and we flew him out to the Repose. He was two weeks short of going on R&R to Hawaii to be married.
                        Howdy I know the feeling,and it did'nt seem to happen just that way. Some one going on RR or going to get married or they was expecting a child . Something along those lines,for me I some times wish it would of been Me or some others that did have that connection of HOME and FAMILY way. Made more then a few trips to the Respose myself, Boy it could be a Bear getting in and out sometimes.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X