Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Uh-1e 153762 Vmo-2/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the history for UH-1E 153762

Accepted on charge at Fort Worth 1 November 1966.
    NARF North Island, 17 Nov 1966.
    NAS Noris A+T, North Island, 13 March 1967.
    HAMRON 16 COSA, Danang, 14 March 1967.
    VMO-6, Chu Lai, 11 May 1967.
    VMO-2, Danang, 13 Nov 1967.
    HML-367, Marble Mountain, 24 July 1969.
    HAMRON 16 COSA, Marble Mountain, 22 Jan 1970.
    HML-167, Marble Mountain, 1 May 1970.
    H&MS 36 COSA, Futema, 21 June 1971.
    HML-367, Futema, 6 July 1971.
    HT-18, Whiting Field, 20 Jan 1976.
    COMTRAWING 5, Pensacola, 1 Jan 1982.
    Storage MASDC, DMAFB, Tucson, 14 July 1982
    Struck off charge, 1 Aug 1983 with a total time of 6728 hours and 17703 landings

Comment

Originally posted by beddoe View Post

I occasionally fly a UH-1E for the Collings Foundation. This aircraft, BU# 153762 served, according to our records, with VMO-2 and VMO-6 in Vietnam. I hope to meet those who served with this aircraft in country and learn of their service.
      Beddoe;Do you know where I might pick-up a used?non-funcing UH-1 transmission for our restoration project here at the Palm Springs Air Museum?
      Thanks..Jerry

Comment

A/C 153762 at HML-367 Futenma

I flew this AC on 10 Aug 72 on a test flight and on 30 Aug on a night training flt. I left Futenma in Sept and had no other flts in it. I was the Maintenance offficer at that time so that was probably about when it arrived at HML-367 maybe from overhaul at Atsugi.

Comment

This Was One Of My Birds. I Was Line Chief From Nov 72 To Nov 73. Hml=367 Okinowa. I Flew Most Of The Check Flights With Capt Savage So It Is Probably In My Log Somewhere. I Sure Do Miss Those Times. Bill Mcmillian. By The Way Joe, Hi, I Was Your Line Chief In K-bay

Comment

BuNo 153762

I flew this aircraft on 3 occasions while TAD from VMO-6 to HML-367 in '69. 8 of us lieutenants and 4 crewchiefs were left in country to finish pulling the last of the recon battalion out of northern I Corps in October/November, 1969. I flew 762 on 21 October (7.4 hours), 27 October (2.0) and 28 October (2.7), all out of Quang Tri. We finished the last extract on 4 November and rejoined VMO-6 at Futenma shortly thereafter. At that time, 762 was most definitely a gun bird.
            Hope this fills in a blank or two.
            Joe Sturtevant
            Major USMC(ret)

Comment

History update for 153762

Thanks guys for all of the very valuable information. We have now established the id of our huey through several units, WB-7 with VMO-6, VS-18 with VMO-2 (Thank you Ben.Brenneman), VT-11 with HML-367 (Thank you DutchF4), and TV-27 with HML-167(Thanks HMA-1369).
              Any personal rememberance of this aircraft are welcomed.
              We are still searching for any combat area photos.
              Thanks again everyone.
              Larry Abston
              Collings Foundation
              Last edited by fnguh-1e; 12-13-2010, 16:39.

Comment

history for 153762

I wish it had flown more than the 6728 hours, and 17703 landings, in the almost 17 years it was in Military Service. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.
                Last edited by Ace Hunt; 12-13-2010, 17:43. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by DutchF4 View Post
                  I flew this aircraft on 3 occasions while TAD from VMO-6 to HML-367 in '69. 8 of us lieutenants and 4 crewchiefs were left in country to finish pulling the last of the recon battalion out of northern I Corps in October/November, 1969. I flew 762 on 21 October (7.4 hours), 27 October (2.0) and 28 October (2.7), all out of Quang Tri. We finished the last extract on 4 November and rejoined VMO-6 at Futenma shortly thereafter. At that time, 762 was most definitely a gun bird.
                  Hope this fills in a blank or two.
                  Joe Sturtevant
                  Major USMC(ret)
                  Matching this info to the HML-367 After Action Reports for those dates confirms 153762 as VT-11

Comment

tail code

I am glad the tail code was finally found on the huey. It being VT-11. I was close, I would have said VT-10. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Comment

Working...
                    X