Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Last CH46s made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last CH46s made

158334/158345 Boeing Vertol CH-46F Sea Knight
    Semper Fidelis

George T. Curtis

Last H-46

At 11.00 on 2 February, 1971, at the Vertol plant in Morton Pa, the final H-46 was accepted for the US Marine Corps by General 'Dan' Hill, DC/S (Air).

Since 30 April, 1962, a total of 624 H-46s had been delivered to the USMC.
    John

Comment

Made two trips to Morton.

The first was in '66 to pick up my "lucky bird" that was mine in 'Nam, 151937.

The second trip was to pick up 152519 when we were forming up 302. That airframe ended up later being "surplused" by HMM165 (of which I'm a plank owner) at Phu Bai.

Had a ball both times. We got there on a Thursday night and I pulled the acceptance inspections on Friday. Both times I found just enough gripes ( at the drivers request, of course) that we had to end up staying the weekend.

First time I was a lowley Lcpl. and totaly broke, the second I was a Sgt. E-5, but married. No fun runs for the kid to the "Big Apple".
      Oh boy! More Ham 'n Muthas

Comment

Last CH-46s Made

Sorry George,

Joe Baugher's BuNo listing is just that, a listing of BuNos. Just because they are assigned in the list doesn't mean they were built. He doesn't show it, but Boeing Vertol CH-46F Sea Knight 158334/158345 were cancelled and never built.

Last CH-46 built was Boeing-Vertol CH-46F, c/n 2625, BuNo 157726, accepted by BuWepsRep, Flight Readiness, Morton PA on 31 Jan 71, delivered to HMM-264 on 18 Mar71 by Tom Thompson, (see his thread "Phirst Phleet Phlight Of The Phinal Phrog.") The actual "acceptance ceremony" might have been on 2 Feb, but on paper, it was 31 Jan. BTW, 157726 is currently EM-06 with HMM-261; thirty-seven years young!

HTH,
        Dutch

Comment

Phabulous Phrogs!

Good info, thanks!
          Semper Fidelis
          Joe

Phu Bai tower:
          YW-11 for Phu Bai DASC-
          Remember, These are "A" models!
          YW-11 BuNo-151939
          '65 Model CH-46A