Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

HMH-462 (Never ) Not Appropriate!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMH-462 (Never ) Not Appropriate!!!!

Get sad & weary when I keep seeing "NEVER" on this great Sqd. I served with this unit 14 proud years as hundreds of you good Marines rotated thru Okinawa. I will always be at the reunion as long as this weary old body will go. Sorry didnot serve in 462 while I was on active duty for 21 years 1942-1963. While there I always felt I was still a Marine and a member of that unit. 1973-1987. Get on board for the memory of those we lost at Mindoro, Korea and the sea of Japan!!!! Semper Fi Paul Moore
    How many rotated and why no response???
    75.00%
    What Sqd do you consider as your base?
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Thanks for reminding us Paul.
    Huge

Comment

Never??

Sep 70 - Oct 71 Good squadron when I was there.
      Larry

Comment

Paul,
        I seved as 462 Maintnance Control Chief in 74-75 and valued your assistance and knowledge during Eagle Pull and Frequent Wind. Who would have thought of GP grease in the sleeve and spindle when they wouldn't hold oil?

Comment

Paul,
          Most 53 Bubbas cycled through 462 before UDP started. I was a Section Leader during Eagle Pull and Frequent Wind, then the Line Chief in '79. I know most all of us were proud to be a member of the "Screw Crew" and we certainly benefitted from your expert knowledge of the aircraft.

Semper Fi
          MGYSGT FD BERMUDEZ
          USMC (RET.)

Comment

Reply to 462 Marines, Huge , John & Frank

Hi Huge, almost got back to PA last year as consultant on your Sikorsky Helios. Didnt get the job because the air fare from HI!! Hope the product is sat!!! Great to hear from you. John, thanks for your kind words. I had a hard time with you QA Chief because of "one time war fixes". I explained to him that in a case of war or emergency there were fixes that were temporary and required special handling after the completion of the mission. Example , the sleeves were to be removed, painted red, appropriate entry on the component cards that they were to be removed from the system. Frank, remember you very well from your two tours. It was always a pleasure to work with a professional!!! It is great to hear from all of you , keep up your turns & muster in Oct . Semper Fi PM

Comment

Paul,
              462 was a great squadron. Everyone in the 53 community rotated through at one time or another. I was there in 75-76 as AMO for a short while, after Jaws (Nick Saunders).

Remember you very well, as well as your lovely daughters. I had a daughter there on my unaccompanied tour that played on the HS basketball team with one of your girls.

Semper Fi,

John

Comment

I wasn't in '462 In Country, but I was in the squadron at LTA in 1964 and again in 73-74 at Futenma and other points.
                We went aboard the Brokinawa, also we soon learned referred to as Bldg. 3, Naval Base, Subic Bay! I guess LPH-3 knew a good berth when it tied up to one!

Comment

Greetings

I joined HMH-462 as S-2 Chief in March 1968 as the squadron was stabilizing to deploy to Viet Nam. Two officers and nine enlisted (myself included) went over as the advanced party and finally arrived at Phu Bai about August 4th, 1968. The rest of the squadron arrived near the end of August. I flew as a door gunner until the end of February 1969 when I was promoted from GySgt to 2ndLt. I was then assigned to MAG-36 as the XO of the rifle company and PMO where I served until I rotated back to Force Recon, which is where I came from. I reported back to 2nd Force Recon at Camp Lejeune in October 1969.

I have not as yet been to a reunion but am looking forward to this one. I agreed to be squadron coordinator as a favor to Dave Taylor who was the coordinator the last reunion, but would appreciate any and ALL assistance in this pleasant chore!

Heck, I'm just now learning how to post on here!

Semper Fidelis - Duke Dearing
                  Attached Files
                  "Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of The Way" - Semper Fi - Duke

Comment

volunteer

Thanks Duke for volunteering!!! We didnt serve in the unit at the same time, am sure you were one of the excellent Marines that I would have remembered during my 14 years!! Hope to meet you at PC. Always a Marine. Semper Fi PM

Comment

HMH-462

Hope to meet you at PNS, But if you show up in your WW II utilities, I hope you have washed them once or twice since then.
                      Bill Woidyla HMM type pilot

Comment

wwii UNIFORMS

BILL; MY FIRST WIFE TOOK CARE OF EVERYTHING I HAD WHEN I TRANSFERRED TO fmr IN 63. I ****CANNED HER AND SHE DID LIKEWISE WITH EVRYTHING IN THE HOUSE. MY DRESS BLUES, GREEN UNIFORM, EISENHOUER JACKET, CANVAS LEGGINGS, MY SOFT HELMET & GOGGLES FROM NAP TRAINING ETC!!! I HAD THE PHOTO I USE ON MY POSTS WHICH WAS A USMC PHOTO WHEN I WAS RECOMMENDED FOR WO. AND TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY AFTER 6 YEARS AS A MSGT IN ALL THE BILLETS THEY DESIGNATED ME A GYSGT ON THE RETIRED LIST. HAVE NOTHING AGAINST GYSGTS BUT RESENTED THE TITLE I HAD EARNED OVER SOME ROUGH YEARS BEING DELETED. HAVE MY FLIGHT SUITS & JACKET FROM VIETNAM , WILL BE SURE THEY ARE PROPERLY WASHED ON THE ROCKS!!! SEMPER FI . PM

Comment

Great squadron & People

I was with 462 from 75-76 at futema and aboard cruise to P.I. had a ball during my tour and would really like to hear from anyone who might remember me . worked on flight line and ran coffee mess while knee was in cast.
                          sigsbee, moots, lurch, you guys still out there. hope to see all at reunion in Reno.
                          Dave Reavis @ dimmer144@msn.com

Comment

PM3777,

I was with HMH462 for a VERY short while when it was a composite squadron at LTA in '65.

Started to do the "thing" with the "Deuces", but hated working in so much oil and hyd. fluid. Switched over to the 34's.

Had a good time in the squadron, met a lot of good people. Some of the "Shoefly" guys took a few of us under their wings and taught us a lot that we were able to use in short while during our publicly funded all expense paid fellowship in French Indo China.
                            Oh boy! More Ham 'n Muthas

Comment

Mindoro

I was at Mindoro in 1977 with HML-367 during "Fortress Lightning". A few of us were flown ashore from USS Denver aboard a "Heavy Hauler" 53. Later, at Cubi Pt., a friend told me that the aircraft we had been on had crashed later in the day while carrying an external load.

Comment

Working...
                              X