Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Unit Citations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Citations?

Does anyone know if the HMH-462 received any unit citations or combat medals for their service in Vietnam in 1969?
    Such as a prsidential citation. Also for the MAG-36?
    How can I find out this information fairly quickly?
    My reseach is going really well so far. A special thanks to all that have written to me.
    Thank you
    Semper Fi
    Daren Larson

HMH-462 Unit Awards
    NUC
    29-30Apr75 SU Cmdr, TG 79.1

MUC
    1Sep68-1Mar69

MUC
    12Apr75 SU Cmdr, 7th Flt

-- Detachment
    Philippine PUC
    21-26Oct70

check out our section here on the NOTAM

USMC Helicopter Unit & common Awards
    for Vietnam Service
    Semper Fidelis

George T. Curtis

Comment

Rerspecbrewster

Originally posted by DLarson View Post
      Does anyone know if the HMH-462 received any unit citations or combat medals for their service in Vietnam in 1969?
      Such as a prsidential citation. Also for the MAG-36?
      How can I find out this information fairly quickly?
      My reseach is going really well so far. A special thanks to all that have written to me.
      Thank you
      Semper Fi
      Daren Larson
      We recieved Philippine PUC in Apr 70, YF14, and YF15 while on Operation Golden Dragon, USS TRIPOLI, helped with flood victims. My SRB indicates recieving ribbon on above date. Semper Fi, Inspector Bruce A. Willey, Ret`d.

Comment

HMH-462 Unit Awards for Vietnam:
        Meritorious Unit Commendation 1 Sept 68 - 1 Mar 69
        Meritorious Unit Commendation 12 April 75 (Cmdr, 7th Fleet)
        Navy Unit Commendation 29 - 30 Apr 75 (TG 79.1)

-Detachment
        Philippine Presidential Unit Citation 21 - 26 Oct 70

An up-to-date listing of Unit Awards is online at the USMC Awards Board page, listed under "Navy & MC Unit Awards Manual"

Comment

Working...
        X