Announcement

Collapse

Terms of Use Agreement

1. You agree, through your use of these public Forums, not to post any material which is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. You further agree not to use these public Forums for advertising or other commercial enterprise purposes. Any questions directed to, or concerning the administration of this website, will be sent to admin@popasmoke.com and not posted to the public Forums.

2. All postings express the views of the author, and neither the administrators nor POPASMOKE will be held responsible for the content of any postings submitted by the Members or anyone else. The administrators of these Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any postings for any reason. Members who make postings on the Forums which are not in accordance with the Terms of Use Agreement, risk having their posting privileges withdrawn.
See more
See less

Fort Worth Reunion info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth Reunion info

Bill McNair and I are the local reunion contacts. Please post here or send your questions (and answers) to yl3cc@yahoo.com or romymouse@sbcglobal.net.

We plan on having the squadron dinner at a real oldtime dance hall--the Stagecoach Ballroom. Check out www.stagecoachballroom.com

Romy Myszka 817-930-0202

Bill McNair 214-763-8537
    Radio Tweet

Aviation Museums in Texas

1. American Airlines C.R. Smith Museum www.crsmithmuseum.org
    2. OV-10 Bronco Association and FAC Museum www.ov-10bronco.net
    3. Vintage Flying Museum www.vintageflyingmuseum.org
    4. No. 1 British Flying Training School Museum, Terrell, TX
    5. The History of Aviation, UofTexas, Dallas www.utdallas.edu/library/special/index.html
    6. Cavanaugh Flight Museum www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com
    7. NE Texas Rural Heritage Museum www.pittsburghtxmuseum.com
    8 Frontiers of Flight Museum www.flightmuseum.com[/QUOTE]
    Radio Tweet

Comment

uGLYBAY

Read forward. Original message replaced
      Last edited by utopiatex; 06-22-2006, 22:33.

Comment

uGLYBAY

Here are the three plaques that Bill Weiler (Velcro) at Sgt. Grit donated to our auction. Each plaque is about 10 - 12 inches high, oval-shaped, hand painted by Velcro. He also donated a set of wood carved combat air crew wings that measure abut two feet across, but they are donated to the Popasmoke silent auction. Will put a photo of them up when I get a picture taken soon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ngels/6c36.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ngels/d0d9.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ngels/6d20.jpg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by utopiatex; 06-22-2006, 22:57.

Comment

The NVA Battle Flag for the auction

In an online search, I found the NVA flags go for between 100 and 200 bucks. In this case, the Marine who brought it back will probably come to the Ugly dinner and/or reunion.

He tells me that he took it from a tunnel in Quang Nom province. He says it was behind a metal doorway and was rigged with a trip wire to a grenade.

The flags I saw online were NVA Flags. This one is an NVA battle flag. I would hope we could take bids beginning at $150? How cool if the winning bidder decided to donate it to the Ugly Angel Squadron Museum at Kaneohe Bay on Oahu.

BTW, the cat is not a commie. I put Chaos in the photo to lend perspective.

Welcome to "uGLYBAY"

Include your phone number and address with your bid. On Aug. 1, we'll notify the highest bidder by phone and/or email. Judy (my wife) or another Ugly Angel wife will keep the max bid to herself and bid for you at the dinner auction. We'll just use the honor system rather than make you send a check ahead of time.
          Attached Files

Comment

Most, if not all, NVA flags on e-bay are modern day reproductions. Same goes for the "Incountry" squadron patches.

IGOR
            Hostage IGOR

Comment

authenticity

This one is old, but you are certainly welcome to not bid on it... no sweat.

Comment

Working...
              X